Cats available for this program are cats that are not social enough to be placed in adoption, but still deserve a chance at finding a place that suits their needs. These cats were previously strays, and are happier to live their life free outdoors as they did for the first part of their life.
Wild Whiskers placement requirements:
– A secure, dry barn or building for shelter with heat source is required.
– As a non-profit charitable organization, we appreciate a donation to help cover the cost of the spay or neuter surgery.
– The commitment and ability to keep the cats confined to a stall, small room, or crate for 2-4 weeks (depends on the cats and the barn) to acclimate them to their new environment before release.
– A constant supply of dry food and fresh water.
– The willingness to trap the cats to provide licensed veterinary care in the event of a severe injury or illness.
Procedures to follow to be accepted for the Wild Whiskers Program:
-Contact us to inquire if we have a cat available for your situation (450) 638-9698 ext 3
-Schedule a visit for a staff member to come visit your location
-Once visit has been approved, one of our Wild Whisker feline friends may be placed with you!
-A life has been saved!
This is Zora, a female of about 1 year and a half who is part of our Wild Whiskers program. Zora was found wandering around outside at the age of 3 months and is probably the result of a few generations of feral cats. Thanks to her curiosity, she begins to accept the human presence but despite our efforts to socialize her she is not yet assured in our presence and remains a little wild. Being stressed in a house, Zora would not be a good candidate to become an indoor girl. This is why we are looking for a farmhouse where she can help to hunt vermin while having a cat life as she prefers safely and without missing anything. If you would like to give Zora a chance and you have a farm or similar facility that could match our criteria please contact us!